May 26, 2000
FTAA – NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENTÉ
The Seventh Meeting of the FTAA Negotiating Group on
Government Procurement (NGGP) was held in Miami, Florida from May 24-26, 2000.
Delegates from the following countries participated: Argentina, Bahamas,
Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican
Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua,
Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, United States and Venezuela.
The NGGP began a discussion on Publication of Laws and Regulations, Procurement
Procedures, Publicity for Inviting Tenders, Presentation of Tenders, Criteria
for Assessing Bids and awarding Contracts and Disclosure of Bids Received and
It continued with a preliminary discussion on Concept and Subject of Public
Sector Procurement, Principles/ Treatment Granted to Domestic and Foreign Goods,
Services, Public Works and their Suppliers.
The Eighth Meeting of the NGGP will take place in Miami, Florida, from 21-23
The Agenda of the meeting is attached.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
- Opening of the meeting and approval of agenda
- Development of the text of an Agreement based on the Annotated Outline of
the Normative Framework on Government Procurement.
- Discussion on elements :
- Publication of Laws and Regulations
- Procurement Procedures
- Publicity for Inviting Tenders
- Presentation of Tenders
- Criteria for Assessing Bids and awarding Contracts
- Disclosure of Bids Received and Contracts Awarded
- Preliminary Discussion of:
- Concept and Subject of Public Sector Procurement
- Principles/ Treatment Granted to Domestic and Foreign Goods, Services, Public Works and their Suppliers
- Review of submissions related to the definition of terms.
- Treatment related to Statistical Information Systems. Review of the
Compilation of Statistics and Responses regarding the Capacity of National
- Next Steps and Future meetings (including documents)
- Public Summary of Meeting/ Derestriction of Documents
- Other Business