November 30, 2000
Translation: FTAA Secretariat
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON
Miami, November 29-30, 2000
- The Tenth Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement took place in Miami from November 29 – 30, 2000.
Delegates from the following countries were in attendance: Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Brazil, Canada, Chile,
Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, The United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru,
The Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
- The Agenda approved for discussion can be found in Annex I attached hereto.
- All the items on the agenda were considered during the meeting.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON DISPUTE SETTLEMENT
- Report of the Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement to the Trade Negotiating Committee.
- Review of the proposed questionnaire submitted by some delegations as a means of pursuing the discussion of
different mechanisms to facilitate and encourage the use of arbitration and other dispute settlement alternative
procedures to resolve private disputes in the framework of the FTAA.
- Other business