19 January, 2000
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON SUBSIDIES, ANTI-DUMPING AND COUNTERVAILING DUTIES
Miami, January 17 - 19, 2000
- The Fifth Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Subsidies, Anti-dumping and Countervailing Duties was held in Miami
from 17 to 19 January 2000.
- The following countries were in attendance: Argentina, Bahamas, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic,
Ecuador, El Salvador, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Peru, United States, and Venezuela. The following subregional groupings participated
in the meeting through a spokesperson: Andean Community, Caricom, and Mercosur.
- The negotiations were conducted in accordance with the following agenda:
- Approval of the Agenda
- Discussion on the mandate adopted at the Fifth Trade Ministerial Meeting
- Discussion of country legislation and administrative practices
- Discussion on ways to deepen subsidy disciplines
- Discussion on the interaction between trade and competition policies, including anti-dumping measures
- Other Business