October 25, 2001
Translation: FTAA Secretariat
FTAA – NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
Panama City, Panama, October 23-25, 2001
- The Fourteenth Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Government Procurement
was held in Panama from October 23-25, 2001. The following countries were in
attendance: Argentina, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa
Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico,
Panama, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
- The Agenda approved for discussion is attached as
- The meeting considered all the items on the agenda.
- The next meeting of the Negotiating Group on Government Procurement
will be held from December 12 – 14, 2001.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
Panama, October 23 - 25, 2001
- Report on the meeting of the Trade Negotiations Committee (TNC)
- Discussion of the draft chapter
- Discussion of new proposals for wording for the second group of elements
- Discussion of the third group of elements
- Discussion of guidelines, procedures and deadlines for negotiations on
market access for government procurement
- Discussion of the scope and detail of statistical information
- Discussion of contributions submitted by civil society on government
- Other business