June 20, 2001
Translation: FTAA Secretariat
FTAA – NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENTÉ
Panama City, Panama, June 18 – 20, 2001
- The Twelfth Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Government Procurement was
held in Panama on June 18-20, 2001. The following countries were in attendance:
Argentina, Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,
Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico , Nicaragua, Panama,
Paraguay, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- The Agenda approved for discussion is attached as Annex I.
- The meeting considered all the items on the agenda.
- The next meeting of the Negotiating Group on Government Procurement will be
held from August 13 – 15, 2001.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
Panama City, Panama, June 18 –20, 2001
- Discussion of the first group of elements in the draft chapter
- Submission of proposals on guidelines, procedures and deadlines for
negotiations on market access in the areas of government procurement
- Submission of proposals on the scope and details of statistical information
- Discussion of the contributions on government procurement submitted by civil
- Other business.