February 18, 2000
FTAA – NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENTÉ
Miami, February 17-18, 2000
The Sixth Meeting of the FTAA Negotiating Group on
Government Procurement (NGGP) was held in Miami, Florida from February 17-18,
2000. Delegates from the following countries participated: Argentina, Bahamas,
Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic,
Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay,
Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, United States and Venezuela.
The NGGP considered the Agenda proposed by the Chair which centered on the
development of the text of an Agreement based on the Annotated Outline of the
Normative Framework on Government Procurement. As a result of the discussions,
the Group approved a work program for the following months.
It was also agreed that the Seventh Meeting of the NGGP will take place in
Miami, Florida, from 25-26 May, 2000.
The Agenda of the meeting is attached.
Miami, Florida, February 18, 2000
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT
- Opening of the meeting and approval of agenda
- Chair’s summary of the Mandate from the Toronto Ministerial Meeting
- Development of the text of an Agreement based on the Annotated Outline of
the Normative Framework on Government Procurement
- Outstanding Issues
- Definitions: Review of submissions related to the definition of terms.
Statistics : Review of the Compilation on Statistics and Responses regarding the
Capacity of National Statistical Systems
- Next Steps and Schedule of Future Meetings
- Work plan /milestones/meeting schedule
- Dates for next meeting
- Public Summary of Meeting/ Derestriction of Documents
- Other Business