June 5, 2001
Translation: non FTAA Secretariat
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON
Panama, June 4, 2001
The Eleventh Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement was held
in Panama on June 4, 2001. Representatives of 20 countries of the Hemisphere were in attendance: Argentina,
Bahamas, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras,
Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- The agenda that was approved for discussion is included as an
- All the items on the agenda were considered during the meeting, and the Group agreed on a work plan for
the period up to July 2002.
- The next meeting of the NGDS will take place from July 30 to August 1, 2001.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON DISPUTE SETTLEMENT
Panama, June 4 - 5, 2001
- Approval of the agenda
- Report from the Chair on the Sixth Meeting of Ministers of Trade in the Hemisphere, held in Buenos Aires, on
April 7, 2001
- Definition of the methodology to be followed and establishment of the schedule of activities
- Definition of the calendar of meetings
- Interaction with other FTAA entities
- Report on the status of the questionnaire on arbitration
- Other business