June 14, 2000
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON
Miami, 13 June 2000
The Seventh Meeting of the Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement was held in
Miami on June 12 and 13, 2000, with the following countries participating: Argentina,
Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador,
El Salvador, United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua,
Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- The Agenda approved for discussion is included as
- During the meeting, all items on the Agenda were considered.
- The next meeting of the Negotiating Group on Dispute Settlement will be held on
August 7, 8 and 9, 2000.
FTAA - NEGOTIATING GROUP ON DISPUTE SETTLEMENT
Report on the last meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee
- Discussion of chapter proposals, based on the compilation prepared by the Chair
- Discussion of different mechanisms to facilitate and encourage the use of arbitration
and other dispute settlement alternative procedures to resolve private disputes in the
framework of the FTAA
- Future timetable
- Other matters